Thursday, October 6, 2011

Politics

Let me just say what a joke politics are.  Even if you are someone that isn't going to be like all the other politicians you end up having to be because that is the way the system is set up.  Those old politicians don't just happen to keep getting reelected they know how to play the game.  The same is true on smaller scales, such as work.  It is the game and either you play or you go find another job and it will most likely be the same their as well.  I am so tired of the Presidential election and it is over a year away.  It seems we never get a rest from elections with the 24 hour news system that we have.  Peter Jennings is/was my favorite news reporter of all time and when the 24 hours news started happening he made a comment something to the effect that we shouldn't be reporting just for the sake of reporting.  We need to make sure we have it right and we need to make sure this is a story that people need to hear.  News has become like gossip.  They report it but can't confirm it and a few days later it comes out a totally different way.  I wonder what the news will be like in 40 years. 

I have been thinking a lot about how much the world has changed in my life time and that of my grandparents.  Someone had a picture of a rotary phone the other day and said our kids aren't even going to know what this is or how it works.  Crazy.  My husbands Dad was born in 1918 which makes him 93 now.  He started out life with walking and horses.  You did everything the hard way or at least we call it that now.  We currently have an excavator, a skid-steer, loader, mini, lowboy, dumptruck, 4-wheelers...It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to have those things.  I just wonder what the world will be like when I am 93. 

Whew, that was a serious type post but there are going to be those kinds of posts sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment