Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cell Phone Pheasko

I like that quote, it makes a lot of sense.  

Once I start reading my book, hopefully I will find many more like it.

So, have you ever thought about cell phones?  I come from a generation that grew up with out them and by the time I was 16, you were AWESOME if you had one, but not looked down upon if you didn't.  Now, if you are 16 and without a cellphone, you are considered an outcast.  
As an adult now, I try to remember what it was like without one.  I begin to worry.  It is a love/hate relationship with cellphones.  You hate them because they won't stop ringing, but when you get a flat tire, you thank your lucky stars that you have one to make the call to the tow truck or your dad.  I have a cell phone, and when it rings, it rings.  There are also stretches of days where it won't make a sound . . . .and yet, I carry it with me everywhere and panic when I don't have it.  I will literally turn around and make a 15-20 minutes drive just to go home and get my cell.  Because, as we all know, if you don't answer your cell, something is wrong.  Oh, and don't forget to mention that you cannot remember a single phone number any more when you used to be able to recall 50 phone numbers at any given time.  I can however, say, that I am not really up on the whole "app" thing.  I have a couple but I know people who have and "app for everything".  I would prefer it if they would actually come out with the bud light app that can pour beer from your phone, talk about false advertising.

Then there are people who refuse to carry one.  I am currently in a relationship with someone who has not owned a cell phone in 3 years. . . .and loves it!  Doesn't worry about who is trying to call, doesn't care that it drives me nuts that he doesn't have one, doesn't like it when I have mine because it makes too much noise.  And is totally fine with it.  He would prefer to make smoke signals if he was in trouble than carry a cell phone with him.  Oh, and he doesn't have to worry about the bill.  Lucky duck.  

Sorry, the rant is due to the fact that I am at home, relaxing, I have walked away from work for the day and yet . . . .I still have the cell phone in my pocket, waiting to ring, in case someone needs me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment