Friday, November 25, 2011

Characters

It is always fun to see who shows up for holidays and how everyone fits together.  Since the introduction of wine to family gatherings I must say that everyone fits together better and better every year.
The Aunts I am getting to know a bit better every year.  If I thought my Dad was Finnish they are the poster children for the reserved Scandinavians.  I love getting to know them as adults and embarass them a bit.  Neither one of them had children but they seem totally fascinated by my son.  They have been asking to have him for an overnight since he was a baby but they want him potty trained first!  How I talk about them you would think they maybe live together but they don't.  One lives in the cities the other on the range.  The City Aunt comes up to see the Range Aunt about every other week.  The City Aunt is married but her husband doesn't seem to leave the house at all.  It was seven years from the time my Dad married my stepmom before my stepmother met my City Uncle.  I really like him and I like the fact that is a bit funny like that.  My Range Aunt was married to a cop and I really like him as well.  But one day she called out of the blue and said they were divorced.  What the?!  I didn't ask too many questions.  I asked the City Aunt what happened and she had no idea.  She said the Range Aunt didn't talk about it and she didn't ask.  I can't imagine not getting into that one with my sister.  But on the other hand maybe my sister would appreciate it a bit more if I was like City Aunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment